Memorial Location:Sale
Sale United Reformed Church Sunday School
Youth Organisation
Commemorating
War Dead
Those Who Served & Returned
Wars Commemorated
First World War
Constructed By
Constructors Address
Trade/Occupation
Physical Description
Illuminated Cardboard Panel within a glazed oak frame
Date Unveiled
By Whom
Original Address
Includes a section for Roebuck Lane Church
Current Address
Montague Road 
Sale  
M33 3BU
Who Paid For Memorial
Who's responsible
Sale U.R.C.
Their Address
Montague Road Sale M33 3BU
Condition of Memorial
Good
War Names Died Served
&
Returned
Easy
to
Read
Anglo-Boer
WW1 76 + 37 (Roebuck Lane) 12 + 10 (Roebuck Lane) 64 + 27 (Roebuck Lane) Yes
WW2
Post WW2
Rank Included
Regt/Service
General Information
The "Roebuck Lane" section of this memorial refers to the memorial in
what is now the Sale Evangelical Church.

Sale Congregational Church on Montague Road founded a Mission in
Roebuck Lane in 1898, the building was completed in 1905. It closed
in 1938 and was sold to the Sale Evangelical Church.  Which accounts
for the fact that the names on this memorial are the same as those
listed on the Sale Evangelical Church Memorial.
It is believed that Roebuck Lane must have originally returned 90ยบ
and took the line of what is now Kelsall Street, joining up with
Springfield Road, then a cul-de-sac.
In 1968, the Sale Congregational Church amalgamated with the Sale
Presbyterian Church to become the Sale United Reformed Church.

Thumbnails - Click on picture to view

Memorial

Upper Section

Lower Section

Roebuck Lane Section

Illuminated Top